Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What is appropriate to say to a BRIDE?

As I am getting married in just a few weeks, I find myself really wondering on what planet do people thing it is acceptable to say the things they are saying to me. I have compiled a brief list of things it is never acceptable to ask (or tell) a BRIDE.

1. A criticism of any aspect of her big day. It is her special day, has nothing to do with you, and really whatever is irritating you doesn't matter. As I like to say, JUST SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE!
2. She should do ..... Again, it is her day, she should do what she wants. You don't know what her personal situation, don't make her feel like she needs to do things she can't afford, or doesn't have time to do, or in the case of crafts - just doesn't have the talent for.
3. Is there an open bar? Seriously - are you not gonna come if you can't get drunk?
4. I'm not coming (with no explanation of why). She cared enough to invite you. Care enough to make up some good excuse worthy of missing this special occassion.
5. Is your fiancee nervous about getting married? Someone really asked me this. There is no way to ask this question without implying there is something wrong with the BRIDE that would scare the groom. For the record, my fiancee can't wait to be married. I was just joking about pressuring him people!

No comments:

Post a Comment